Sunday, February 12, 2012

Arkham City - too much of a good thing?

After finishing Rayman Origins (what a brilliant game - that last level is absolutely phenomenal) I finally started Batman: Arkham City and am quite enjoying it. One of the things that I really enjoyed in Batman: Arkham Asylum were the Riddler challenges and trophies. They added a really neat side-narrative as well as collectables and puzzles. 

Arkham City sees the return of the Riddler stuff as well as a shitload of side missions and activities. I believe there are more than 10 different side mission story threads and more than 400 Riddler trophies. At some point it becomes a bit overwhelming - I often don't even know where to start. I actually finished all the Riddler challenges and found all the Riddler trophies in Arkham Asylum but, as much as I want to, there is no way in hell I'm going to find all FOUR HUNDRED trophies. Even just a quarter of the trophies and side stuff would have been just fine.


In case you thought my love affair with iOS games had cooled, Ghost Trick recently came out for the iPad and iPhone. It was originally a Capcom Nintendo DS game released last year to solid critical acclaim (it has an 83% rating on Metacritic). The game features the first two chapters for free and you then buy the whole game for $10 which is less than a third the price of the DS game. The interface works excellently well with touch screen and the game also features cloud saves. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Lavan

No comments:

Post a Comment