Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sally's Salon.

I think I might have found the gateway drug for getting my wife to play videogames. My wife discovered Sally`s Salon for the Nintendo DS and has been playing it non-stop It's published by Capcom and is basically a point and click...er...tap game where you manage a spa - it's all controlled via the touch-screen.

Not particularly something I would play for a prolonged period but definitely you might want to check out for any friends who are casual gamers.


In 'less-casual' gaming I've been playing the hell out of FFVII for the PSP and also Red Faction: Guerilla for the Xbox 360. The sheer amount of destruction in Red Faction is astounding and what makes the game so damn fun. Multiplayer is also a blast as all of the most fun modes revolve around environmental destruction.

One of my favourite multiplayer gaming moments happened last week - our team was pinned down as one of the opposing team had posted himself at the top of a large pillar with both the sniper rifle and rocket launcher. After a few minutes of getting killed while trying to shoot him down I remembered I was playing Red Faction and the solution was simpler - just switch to the melee sledge hammer, run up to the pillar and smash the hell out of it until it collapsed!

Great fun! Now I just have to figure out a way to get my wife to play it........

Lavan

PS Well done to the U.S. for getting to the finals of the Confederations Cup and being 2-0 up on Brazil!

No comments:

Post a Comment