Sunday, June 21, 2009

I don't read sitting on the bog anymore....

.....because I'm too busy playing videogames! Seriously, after finishing Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars on the DS I've turned my attention to my oft-neglected PSP with the re-release of Final Fantasy VII over PSN! Not only does FF VII look fabulous on the smaller PSP screen but I think the PSP is the way to go for playing Japanese RPGs because I don't have to worry about the annoying lack of a save-anywhere feature. Instead, I can just flick the PSP into sleep mode and then pick up where I left off later on. I'm also loving going down memory lane with FF VII, it's a fabulous game and I really enjoy the materia system.

In soccer-gaming, EDGE Magazine has FIFA 10 as their cover-story along with an in-depth interview with David Rutter and Gary Paterson who've been helming the series' amazing comeback as the premiere football title. The interview is 8 pages long and it's neat to read them acknowledge that PES/WE was by far their favourite football title prior to turning FIFA around. Just an indication of how far the once-mighty Konami has fallen.

The biggest game-specific announcements in FIFA 10 have been regarding true 360 degree movement of players. I'm excited but also a little bit nervous as to how EA Sports pull this off. Sure attacking play promises to be more fluid but I wonder what will happen to the defending and how attacker-defender interaction will be modulated.

On the FIFA 10 blog David Rutter also revealed that the new title will finally have a proper practice mode - about bloody time!

Lavan

No comments:

Post a Comment